Don’t gamble with our security: Think before you send
Now that you’re thinking twice before OPENING and SHARING, this week’s tip to information security wellness is to think before you SEND:
- Always use the Minimum Necessary Rule
- Encrypt PHI and PII
The Minimum Necessary Rule is limiting the use or disclosure of PHI and PII to the minimum necessary to accomplish the intended purpose.
How do I access the training?
- Use your Luxottica ID to log in to Luxottica University even if your network login credentials are not tied to your Luxottica ID (i.e. jsmith, ajohnso3). If you don’t log in with your Luxottica ID, you’ll be on the wrong platform.
- While most of us will access training through the Luxottica University EyeMed platform, some of you may have the Luxottica corporate platform. It doesn’t matter which platform you have as everyone can access the same training. The EyeMed platform has EyeMed branding and the Luxottica corporate platform has blue and white Luxottica branding. To access the All Eyes on You training:
- EyeMed platform >> Read these instructions. All Eyes on You training is automatically loaded to your “HR and Compliance” tile.While most of us will access training through the Luxottica University EyeMed platform, some of you may have the Luxottica corporate platform. It doesn’t matter which platform you have as everyone can access the same training.
- Luxottica platform >> Read these instructions. You’ll navigate to “Courses” and then to “Being a Luxottican.” Only take training with the All Eyes on You branding (see image). Also, you’ll notice that every time you finish a course, Luxottica University will show you’ve completed 100% of your training on your progress chart—this is fake news. You must navigate back to “Courses” and then the “Being a Luxottican” box to find all 5 modules to complete.
NEW THIS YEAR—For contest purposes, training completion is from Wednesday 12:00 am to the following Wednesday 11:59 pm. In other words, if you finish training Monday – Wednesday, you’ll be entered into the contest the very next Monday. If you take training Thursday-Friday, you’ll be entered into the contest the week following.
No department is all-in yet and declared 100% completion, but Team Spades is still in the lead with 61.7%! Find out current team standings in this week’s scorecard. For the team breakdown, click here.
Hit the Jackpot contest
Congrats to Jaimie Peters and Meg Roush, who won this week’s “Hit the Jackpot” contest! Eager to complete your training and take your chance on the slot machine? Read here for reminders:
- On the Monday after you’ve complete training, you’ll receive an email with a link to “Hit the Jackpot.”
- You must play by 5 pm, at which time the game for the week closes.
- You have 1 chance to spin to win 1 of 2 weekly prizes.