The All EyeMed meeting was a chance to reconnect and recalibrate
Yesterday, we had a chance to spend an hour together to reconnect as an organization and find out what Lukas has been up to. Lukas also shared how we did last quarter and where we are going in Q3 and Q4 to continue to push toward the number 1 spot in the vision care industry.
- We welcomed a sea of new employees and summer interns who brilliantly and comically answered some of Lukas’ fun questions.
- We celebrated 2 long-time employees with a combined 45 years of tenure: Meg Rusche (25), sr. director, operations and Larry Norton (20), associate vice president, finance.
- We were happy to learn our Q1 results are on target. EyeMed and Store Net Sales, as well as Operating Income are right on target or ahead of plan, while Lives and Integration are a little soft. Lukas asked us to “lean in” so we stay focused on the remainder of the year and stay on track.
- As an integral part of the vision care ecosystem, EyeMed is a key part of EssilorLuxottica integration workstreams: growing key accounts, working solutions for independent providers, developing lens solutions at RONA, growing Essilor retail and determining how other brands can help EyeMed grow aggressively.
- Our expansion of the Medicare business has taken off with Arkansas, Virginia and North Carolina following later this year.
- We’re working hard! We checked off our first items from the 2019 eyeDo checklist. See updated version.
- We’re making RONA move with some new programs designed to help stores support EyeMed. Universal Insurance is supporting RONA stores with easier access to information and a test in 9 Indianapolis stores (last eyeDo checklist item) is helping us gain learnings to increase insurance share and transactions in stores.
- We’re on target with 55% All Eyes on You completion.
- We randomly selected an employee who took all the All Eyes on You training in the past 3 weeks and let them select a prize—Lisa Lorts, lead systems analyst, IT
- We announced our Q1 Sono award winner: Jeff Smudski, lead developer, IT system planning. See his profile. Nominator, Dan Jess, strategic account executive, also won a $50 gift card!
- We applauded the Customer Care Center for distinction as a BenchmarkPortal Center of Excellence for its 10th consecutive year